NAFEMS is seeking to appoint a Technical Officer. This is a new role, the key responsibilities of which will be to:
- Co-ordinate, stimulate and inspire the fifteen committees of volunteers that currently develop the technical documentation for NAFEMS
- Gather together and implement an ongoing plan for the ongoing creation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Provide input to a policy of exploiting new forms of media for the distribution of technical information byNAFEMS
- Act as a representative of NAFEMS during the execution of externally funded projects
- Assist with the attainment of funding for future projects
- Present the technical activities of NAFEMS at conferences and seminars
The successful candidate will have a solid background in engineering and must be able to demonstrate a proven track record in the practical application of CAE techniques.
The position will be based in the UK in either the Knutsford (Cheshire) or Hamilton (Glasgow) offices but will involve a degree of travel to attend meetings.
You will be enthusiastic and articulate and will have a strong understanding of the values and objectives of NAFEMS.
You will have excellent communication skills, both oral and written. You should also be efficient and capable of working on your own initiative in carrying out your day-to-day tasks with limited need for supervision.
You will ideally have between six and twelve years of experience beyond a first degree which will have been gained across a range of different industry sectors.
Interested candidates should send their application and salary expectation to email@example.com