NAFEMS Americas Announces 2014 Conference
NAFEMS Americas 2014 Announced in Conjunction with Collaboration & Interoperability (CIC) Congress
Call for PresentationsThere are numerous aspects associated with maximizing the value of using engineering analysis and simulation in addressing the ever-increasing complexity of products and their lifecycles.
NAFEMS 2014 Americas Conference will include keynote speakers, exhibits, and breakout sessions exploring the following subjects:
Commercial Impact of CAE investments
- Development and deployment of CAE roadmaps
- Integration of simulation data within Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
- The roles ofCAE software and hardware developers
Innovations in Simulation Technology (“The purpose of computing is insight, not numbers!”)
- High-Performance Computing (HPC) systems for CAE
- Achieving engineering insight through multifunctional and multiphysics simulations, including the modeling and simulation of engineering systems
- Material characterizations, including multiscale modeling
- Driving design improvement and optimization from smart simulations
- Real-time virtual simulations
- Quantifying design uncertainty and non-deterministic optimization
- Innovative approximation methods and evolutionary optimization
Engineering Simulation Processes
- Experimental errors vs. CAE foibles – which data set do you trust?
- Regulatory affairs: Gaining acceptance of quality CAE data in approval of products and designs
- How to accomplish validation with complex systems
- Intelligent engineering collaboration environments
- Teaching simulation as part of the basic engineering curricula
- Evolvingengineering processes and organizations to leverage CAE advances
- Simulation strategies and tools for “Emerging Complex Adaptive Systems and Cyber –Physical Systems”
- Intelligent interfaces for modeling and simulation software
- Interactive, immersive 3D modeling and simulation tools/facilities
- Potential of using Virtual and Augmented Reality, and Virtual Worlds in engineering simulations
You are invited to share your experiences and reveal how simulation is being utilized within your organization. NAFEMS requests presentations which provide case studies on the effective use of simulation for a particular application. Presentations from all areas of simulation will be considered, however, contributions which highlight one or more of the themes above are particularly welcomed.
The impact of simulation and the extent to which it is deployed can vary considerably depending on company size and the associated industry sector. NAFEMS encourages input and participation from a wide range of organizations – large and small, across all sectors.Please note, as NAFEMS is an independent and vendor-neutral organization, all submissions must avoid any overt commercialism.
Submission GuidelinesDeadline: January 29, 2014
As a first step, abstracts of 300-600 words should be submitted for consideration by January 29, 2014.
Abstracts should be clearly marked with the presentation title, author's name, organization, address, phone number(s) and email address.
E-mail your abstract to email@example.com.
Authors whose abstracts are accepted will be asked to prepare an extended abstract (typically 2-4 pages) and a PowerPoint presentation (peer-reviewed technical papers are not required).
Event Type: News
Location: Sterling, VA USA
Date: November 26, 2013