Dr. S. Mohan Kumar
Professor & PG Coordinator
Mechanical Engineering, Malnad College of Engineering, Hassan.
- B.E (UoM), M.Tech. (IIT-K) & Ph.D. (IIT, Kharagpur).
- His areas of expertise: Manufacturing Science, CAD/CAM/CAE, Industrial Automation, Dynamics, Modeling & Control of Robots, Pneumatic and Hydraulics & Mechanisms.
- Served in Oil and Natural Gas Commission and University of Minnesota, US.
- Recipient of Govt. of India’s Youth Scientist’s Award under BOYSCAST fellowship Programme 1990-91, Department of Science and Technology, Ministry of Science and Technology, in the area of Robotics and Automation and was a visiting faculty at University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, and USA.
- Recipient of Govt. of Karnataka’s Sir C.V.Raman Young Scientist Award-97 for the outstanding contribution to Engineering Science.
- He developed software for Computer Aided Design of Cams for Automatic Machines during 1986-87 in FORTRAN 77 at IIT-Kanpur.
- Instrumental in starting a Post Graduate Course M. Tech in Industrial Automation and Robotics at the Dept. of Mechanical at M.C.E. Hassan.
- Presently co-authoring a book on Principles of Computer Aided Engineering with Prof. Farid Amirouche for Prenice Hall-Pearson Publishers.
- Member of Association of Mechanics & Mechanisms (AMM), Indian society for Technical Education (ISTE), Fellow of Institution of Engineers (FIE).