Publications in Development
Why Do Validation?
This will present the management reasons for validating analysis; and will overview the methods of validation.
Analysis Validation Primer
This will follow the structure of the Why Do, and will discuss the various methods of validation in detail. It will also include examples of validation and identify potential pitfalls.
Further Validation Documents
This will be a series of documents which will be How to Validate documents, aimed at specific technologies, application fields, etc. (The CFD WG is already producing a How To.) The intention is that the How To’s would use the Validation Primer as a template, giving a consistency over the series.
Guidelines to Finite Element Practice
NAFEMS Guidelines to Finite Element Practice (Guidelines) is one of the first publications to be produced by NAFEMS. The current content of the Guidelines is still largely valid, however, the document will benefit from updating. The update will consider the current text, amending where necessary to suite modern practice; and the general layout of the document.
- Quality Management in Engineering Simulation - A Primer for NAFEMS QSS
- NAFEMS Quality Standard Supplement 001
Engineering Simulation – Quality Management Systems – Requirements
- What is V&V Leaflet
Relevant NAFEMS Events
- NAFEMS World Congress 2007, May 2007
A session was held at the world congress in Vancouver
- Engineering Analysis Quality, Verification and Validation Seminar , December 2007
- Verification and Validation (V&V): Quantifying Prediction Uncertainty and Demonstrating Simulation Credibility , May 2008
- NAFEMS UK Conference 2008, June 2008
As session was held at the UK conference in Cheltenham
- What is V&V?, December 2009