Probabilistic & Stochastic FEA
The aim of the seminar is to raise awareness of the principles and present the application of probabilistic & stochastic FEA as an emerging technology.
Following attendance at the seminar, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the meaning of “uncertainty” and “probability of failure”, with close reference to existing and forthcoming codes (principally the Eurocodes)
- Appreciate the potential impact of uncertainty on design through sensitivities
- Appreciate the application & benefits of probabilistic and stochastic FEA from analysis case studies & hands-on activities
- Appreciate the application & benefits of probabilistic and stochastic FEA from robust-optimisation case studies
- Appreciate the future directions & development in the application of probabilistic and stochastic FEA.
A detailed agenda will be available in due course.
Introduction, aims & objectives of the seminar
Meaning of “uncertainty” and “probability of failure”
Exploring the potential impact of uncertainty on design – an introduction to numerical experiments and uncertainty sensitivities
Application & benefits of probabilistic and stochastic FEA from analysis case studies
Application & benefits of probabilistic and stochastic FEA from robust-optimisation case studies
Future directions & development in the application of probabilistic and stochastic FEA + close
A workshop will follow on from this seminar in approximately 6 months time. The aim of the workshop is to describe and demonstrate the practical implementation of probabilistic & stochastic FEA. Please keep visiting the website for an announcement of the date and further details of the event.
Heritage Motor Centre
Tel : +44 (0)1926 645040
Web : www.conferencehmc.co.uk
Location Map & Directions: http://www.conferencehmc.co.uk/conf_downloads/location_map.pdf
The conference centre is located in Warwickshire minutes from junction 12 M40, with 2000 free car parking spaces on site we provide congestion free conferencing in the heart of England.
We are pleased to offer the following suggestionsaccommodation within close vicinity of the Motor Centre.
Tel: 01926 651241
Distance: 2.4 miles
Single rooms from £35, B&B
Church Hill Farm B&B
Church Hill Farm
Tel: 01926 651251
Distance: 2.8 miles
Single rooms from £40, B&B
Holiday Inn Express
Distance: 10.8 miles
Single rooms from £79, room only
£149 | $249 | €179
£199 | $332 | €239
Order Ref: STOCH11
Event Type: Seminar
Location: Gaydon UK
Date: September 6, 2011
Events - Cancellation Policy
Please note NAFEMS cancellation policy for all UK events is as follows:-
- Cancellation up to 3 weeks before the event date: free of charge;
- Cancellation up to 1 week before the event date: 75% of registration fee non-refundable;
- Cancellation up to 1 week before the event date: all seminar credits non-refundable;
- No show at the event: 100% of registration fee non-refundable;
NAFEMS will discuss the possibility of transferring to an alternative event/course, however an administration charge will be applicable.
This policy is subject to change.