CAE to CAD
This event aimed to explore the existing, and state of the art solutions to provide feedback from CAE simulations to the CAD environment. This led to discussions which identified the limitations and barriers preventing users getting to the ultimate solution.
- What feedback is required ?
- What data is required to support the feedback, i.e. parameters, values, precise geometry, mesh etc ?
- How is the feedback data managed ?
- How does the feedback benefit the overall design process ?
- Can Open Standards be part of the solution, or does it require a vendor supplied solution ?
- What methods are used to interpret the CAE data to provide the feedback ?
- How do closed loop systems (i.e. optimization and robustness) differ from open loop systems in providing feedback ?
- What would be the perfect solution ?
The event was a mix of presentations from NAFEMS members and software providers. At the beginning of the day, a breakout session took place (please see the question posed below). A round table panel discussion with the presenters alsol provided an opportunity for Q&A and discussions. A summary of the day’s information on future needs was briefly presented.