Practical CFD Analysis
Two Day Course - 13th-14th May 2009
NAFEMS, the only independent not-for-profit organisation with the aim of promoting the effective and reliable use of CFD, addresses this requirement by providing this two day example-driven, practical course. The course offers excellent guidance on how to judge which approximations are acceptable and appropriate for solving a wide range of practical problems. Of equal importance is the manner in which the results are interpreted. Advice is provided which allows the correct decisions to be taken, based on results which are known to be reliable. Interaction is encouraged throughout the course, with the planning and design of a complete CFD project and examples of simple hand calculations, mesh designs and solution designs being set for the class to complete. The course is completely code independent.
Who Should Attend?
This course is aimed at practising engineers who wish to learn more about how to apply CFD techniques to their particular problems in the most effective manner. The material that is presented is independent of any particular software package, making it ideally suited to current and potential users of all commercial CFD software systems. This course is a must for all engineers aiming to use CFD as a reliable predictive tool for flow analysis.
The course is open to both members and non-members of NAFEMS.
· Introduction / Motivation
· Which equations are solved in a CFD software package?
· Application of Finite Volume Methods to solve the equations
· How to setup a mesh for CFD simulations
· Practical CFD: From the real world to the simulation model
- What to do before starting a simulation
- Assumptions and simplifications in CFD
- Boundary conditions
- Grid generation
- Problems / pitfalls in running CFD simulations
· Quality of CFD simulations
- How to check the results / possibilities checking the results
- Verifying and validating the CFD results
· Future trends in CFD (fluid structure interaction, optimization, ...)
· Examples / workshop / discussions
Holiday Inn Coventry-South
Ryton On Dunsmore
Coventry, CV8 3DY
We have secured a limited amount of rooms at the venue hotel, at a special rate of £90, including VAT on a bed & breakfast basis. Please contact the hotel directly to book rooms at the discounted rate.
Direct tel. no: 02476 212306
Fax: 02476 301610
Delegates must always quote NAFEMS when booking to get the preferred rate and must book at least 28 days prior to arrival. After this all rates will be subject to availability.
£420 | $687 | €535
£630 | $1030 | €802
Order Ref: PCFDMay09
Event Type: Course
Location: Coventry UK
Date: May 13, 2009