Understand Variation to Realize Robust and Optimal Design and Production
The symposium will include a selection of presentations from MIT, Rolls Royce and others.
Symposium participants will hear and learn about:
- the importance of incorporating variation to reduce uncertainty in your delivered designs and products
- advanced simulation and analysis methods to optimize your design and products during development
- proven Robust Design processes, tools and methods used to achieve customer satisfaction
Symposium participants will be able to speak and interact with:
- experienced practitioners in this field
- suppliers of tools and methods
- other people interested in achieving robust and optimal products
Who should attend?
- Any product development engineer interested in the practices of using simulation and analysis to improve product design
- Software providers offering tools and methods in the field
- Any academics interested in developing and providing enhanced methods for real world applications
- Engineering managers responsible for robust and optimal product performance
"Managing Uncertainty for Simulation-based Robust Design"
Francois Hemez, Los Alamos National Labs
“Deployment of Scalable UQ Methods for High-Fidelity Simulation-based Applications within the DOE”
Mike Eldred, Sandia National Labs
“Innovative Advanced Technology Products On Time And On Schedule: Three Challenges”
Glen Havskjold, Rocketdyne
"Development of Reliability Analysis and Multidisciplinary Design Optimization (RAMDO) & Applications"
Dr. Kyung K Choi, University of IOWA
“Uncertainty Quantification for Complex Engineering Problems – Methods and Applications”
Girish Modgil, Rolls Royce
"Uncertainty Quantification applied to Multiphysics Modeling for an Active Composite Reflector"
John Schermeier, JPL
“Multifidelity Methods for Design Under Uncertainty”
Karen Willcox, MIT
“Applications of Experimental Design for Simulation”
Jeff Rubinski, Swagelok
“Simulation Supported Training”
Gene Allen, Navy
Vendor Panel Discussion
A vendor panel will disucss the symposium topic of 'Understanding Variation to Realize Robust and Optimal Design and Production'.
Los Angeles International Airport South
1440 Imperial Avenue
El Segundo CA
View Larger Map
- $153 Double
- $162 King
To take advantage of this rate, please follow these instructions when making your booking:
Please note ROOM RATES FLUCTUATE ACCORDING TO AVAILABILITY
- click the link “Add special rate codes (AAA,AARP, etc)”
- enter the corporate code #002787425 under the heading of corporate account
£163 | $265 | €194
£242 | $395 | €290
Order Ref: USASTOCHASTICS13
Event Type: Seminar
Location: Los Angeles, CA USA
Date: October 17, 2013
Please note NAFEMS cancellation policy for all North American events is as follows:-
- Cancellation up to 3 weeks before the event date: free of charge;
- Cancellation up to 1 week before the event date: 75% of registration fee non-refundable;
- Cancellation up to 1 week before the event date: all seminar credits non-refundable;
- No show at the event: 100% of registration fee non-refundable;
NAFEMS will discuss the possibility of transferring to an alternative event/course, however an administration charge will be applicable.
This policy is subject to change