Advanced Course on Computational Geotechnics & 3D Modelling Day
This well established course that takes place every 2 years is a continuation of the standard course on Computational Geotechnics. Whilst the standard course concentrates on engineering aspects and 2D modelling, the advanced course fully focuses on the background of the advanced constitutive models and 3D modelling.
Featuring lecturers from leading universities and consultants, the course will focus on numerical analysis of geotechnical problems, such as excavations, soil improvements, embankments and foundations. The 3-day advanced course will include a balanced mixture of lectures and workshops followed by an optional fourth day which will focus on 3D modelling of foundations and tunneling.
• Advanced Course: Mon 9th - Wed 11th Sept 2013
• 3D Modelling Day: Thurs 12th Sept 2013
What You Will Learn
How to apply the finite element method (FEM) for efficent and accurate stress and deformation analysis and stability assessment.
• Hard Soils
◦ Concepts of plasticity
◦ Hardening soil model
◦ Small strain stiffness
◦ Parameters of HS model
◦ Deep excavation
• 2D Application
◦ Drained and undrained soil behavior
◦ Unsaturated soilbehaviour
◦ E modelling of sheild tunnels
◦ Use case tunnel in Plaxis 3D
◦ Tunnel modelling features in 2D
• Soft Soils
◦ Critical State soil mechanics
◦ Soft Soil Model
◦ Rate dependency and creep
◦ Soft Soil Creep Model
◦ Soil improvement
◦ Drains and consolidation
The 3-Day Advanced course will be followed by an optional fourth day which will cover the following topics;
• 3D Modelling
◦ Pile-raft in Abu-Dhabi
◦ Deep basement in Boston
◦ Getting started with Plaxis 3D
◦ Modelling piles in Plaxis 3D
Who Should Attend?
The course is aimed at practising geotechnical and civil engineers who wish to learn more about finite element analysis (FEA) techniques applied to geotechnics, including:
• Current users of PLAXIS and other FEA programs who would like a deeper understanding of numerical modelling and how to use their existing tools more effectively
• Engineers new to FEA(Finite Element Analysis) who wish to learn more about how soil modelling can help solve their geotechnical design problems through software and/or consulting services.
Registration / Further Information
Simply choose one of the following options to receive further information on this course or to register.
• Complete the form on our event page wildeanalysis.co.uk/events/2013/plaxis-advanced-course-computational-geotechnics-13
• Call us on +44 (0)161 4747479
• Email us at email@example.com
To learn more about PLAXIS software and services please contact us on +44 (0) 161 474 7479 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Event Type: Course
Location: Manchester UK
Date: September 9, 2013