Fatigue & Durability: Explained
Join HBM-nCode for a complimentary Fatigue and Durability Seminar on October 30th at the University of Manchester. This is a technical seminar for those who want to understand fatigue calculations and tests; it is equally applicable to test and CAE based fatigue calculations.
The seminar takes an engineering approach to understanding fatigue calculations and tests (and the results created by software users) by explaining the fatigue theory and assembling the inputs needed to complete successful calculations and tests, understand the terminology and understand how software performs an analysis. Seminar attendees will have the opportunity to meet nCode experts and discuss methods for improving their analysis process in the quest to provide durable products faster, cheaper and better.
Topics covered to include:
• Introduction to fatigue and durability
• The factors affecting fatigue life
• Common fatigue analysis methods, including Stress-Life (SN), Strain-Life (EN), and LEFM (crack growth)
• Physics of fatigue and the development of analysis methods
• Fatigue of short fibre composites and future developments
• Using nCode software for fatigue and durability analysis of measured data and FEA
This fatigue and durability seminar is particularly relevant to anyone involved in fatigue assessments and testing. It assumes a prior knowledge of material behaviour and general structural mechanics, typical of most practicing engineers.
Find out more at: www.ncode.com/explained
Event Type: Seminar
Location: Manchester UK
Date: October 30, 2013