LMS European Vehicle Conference
Whether you are dreaming of what your product might be, designing what it could be, developing what it will be or delighting your customers with the desired product performance, we invite you to share and discuss key challenges and latest developments in your work domains.
We kindly invite you to the keynote speech of Prof. Dr. Ferdinand Dudenhöffer, University of Duisberg-Essen and director of the Centre for Automotive Research (CAR), will share his view on major trends and developments in the automotive industry.
Mr. Tatsuhide Sakai, Chief Engineer and Project Leader of Next Generation Vehicles at Honda R&D, will share his vision on how automotive engineering departments are challenged to consolidate future vehicle concepts with changes in customer values as well as with changes in integrated transportation, energy and communication infrastructure.
Dr.-Ing. Mihiar Ayoubi, Vice President Acoustics and Vibrations at BMW, will expand on current and future engineering practices at BMW to reach premium NVH and Comfort. He will highlight how BMW addresses the challenges for NVH performance of future vehicle concepts, and will expand on how BMW applies virtual and test based technology in different phases of the NVH development in series development.
In a panel discussion with Dr. Jan Leuridan, Chief Executive Officer LMS International, Dirk Van den Berghen, Chief Operations Officer LMS International and Martien Merks, Senior Vice President Global Sales & Services Strategy Siemens PLM Software, will share their visions on smart simulation and testing solutions for optimized mechatronic system’s design.
Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday are dedicated to four parallel sessions where industry and domain experts give their insights in today’s challenges in automotive, supplier and ground vehicle industries:
NVH & ACOUSTICS *
- Audi: Acoustic Simulation for Evaluating Loudspeaker Location for Pedestrian Warning Systems in Hybrid and Electric Vehicles
- Bentley: The unique challenge of balancing refinement and sportiness in a grand tourer
- Continental Automotive Italy: Vibro-acoustics modeling and validation of fuel rails
- Daimler & LMS: Accuracy of inverse load identification techniques for transfer path analysis
- Fiat Group Automobiles: Car audio system simulation and performance evaluation
- Hyundai & LMS: Acoustic simulation techniques for the design of vehicle audio equipment
- Magna Closures: Vibro acoustic study of a car door with glass system
- MicroDB: Use of double layer spherical array for vehicle interior acoustics optimization
- Pierburg Pump Technology Italy: Analysis and Optimization of the acoustic emission of a volumetric vane oil pump by means of numerical and experimental methodologies
- PowerSys: LMS Virtual.Lab and JMAG coupling for sound pressure calculations
- PSA Peugeot Citroën & LMS: Pass-by noise source contribution analysis by means of ASQ
- Punch Powertrain: CAE-based noise optimization of a Switched Reluctance Motor for automotive propulsion applications
- Siemens PLM Software: NX CAE - a modern simulation environment
- VOLVO & LMS: Interior Pass-by-Noise sound source ranking
- VOLVO Construction Equipment & LMS: Root cause investigation of gear axle whine noise on a wheel loader application
MODEL-BASED SYSTEM ENGINEERING*
- Automobili Lamborghini: Torsional Vibro-acoustic Driveline Optimization for Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4
- Casappa: Circuital model approach in the design and optimization process of an axial piston pump
- Continental Engineering Services: EV performance evaluation using different HV battery heating approaches
- Dana Spicer: The role of system simulation in advanced development of energy-efficient powertrain
- Fiat Powertrain and University of Naples Federico II: 1D simulation model of an oil lubrication pump and circuit of a spark ignition engine with an hydraulic VVA system
- Hatz Diesel: Hydraulic hybrid/power boost for downsized industrial diesel engine
- IFP EN: Aging modeling for advanced Li-ion battery pack sizing for HEV/EV through LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim simulation platform
- Magna Powertrain: Synchronization methods of automated gearboxes for electric driven light commercial vehicles
- Magna Steyr: Process automation for energy management
- Politecnico di Milano & Strepavara & Ansaldo Energia: Indoor testing and advanced simulation of a new electric powertrain for a light truck
- Pure Power Control: Modeling and simulation of hybrid hydraulic powertrains for off-highway vehicles
- Voith Turbo: model-based development of system functions for the shift program of a serial hybrid powertrain
DRIVING DYNAMICS & DURABILITY*
- LMS: Accurate prediction of seam weld durability based on the enhanced RxMS approach
- Ducati & University of Pisa: Analysis of fatigue endurance tests on motorcycle frames by LMS Virtual.Lab Durability
- ETA: Innovative hydraulic system control for roll and warp oscillations of a hill climb race car based on mono-shock suspension
- Fraunhofer ITWM: CDTire/Real-time: a comfort and durability tire model on Fraunhofer driving simulator
- Opel & Hochschule Darmstadt: Test customer usage data as key for smart powertrain validation/testing
- Piaggio: Integrated CAE solution for motorcycle rider comfort evaluation
- University of Science & Technology AGH – Solaris: Concept modeling with the use of multi-body simulations of suspension system for a fully equipped city bus
- From sound to source in minutes – Introducing LMS SoundBrush
- Coupling a requirements-driven development process with functional system simulation
- Balancing fuel economy with performance, comfort, drivability and NVH
- Reaching higher accuracy on HIL and driving simulators: real-time 3D and 1D models
Product presentations and demonstrations in the LMS User Corner:
- What’s new in LMS Imagine.Lab?
- What’s new in LMS Virtual.Lab?
- What’s new in LMS Test.Lab?
Event Type: Conference
Location: Munich Germany
Date: October 29, 2013