1. Check that the required physical sub-models are available in the software.
2. Make full use of software facilities to ensure that quality CFD simulations are being undertaken.
- Use pre-processing tools to check the grid.
- Use solver facilities to monitor convergence and check for inconsistencies in model set-up.
- Use post-processing facilities to ensure that physicallyrealistic predictions are obtained.
1. Ensure that there is sufficient memory available to run at the required levels of numerical resolution and avoid swapping to disk.
- Optimise solution approach to minimise use of memory.
2. Estimate run-times to ensure that simulations can be undertaken in the required time-scales.
3. Ensure that sufficient disk space is available to store CFD solutions.
- Choose data dump frequencies to avoid problems.
4. Use parallel processing for larger jobs.