The European Conference on Spacecraft Structures, Materials & Environmental Testing taking place during 20-23 March 2012 aims to promote and facilitate discussion and exchange of experience and information among members of the various mechanical engineering disciplines and environmental testing community concerned with spacecraft development, assembly, integration and verification.
The conference sessions will be devoted to:
- Mechanical architecture, design and engineering Structures
- Materials (metallic, composite, ceramics)
- Structural dynamics, including shock and micro vibration
- Inflight experiments and flight data
- Environmental testing and test prediction
In addition, roundtables and mini-workshops will facilitate open discussion on selected topics, such as Inflatable Structures and ECSS Standards.
The organisers invite prospective authors to submit
abstracts of papers for presentation at the conference.
Each abstract must indicate clearly and precisely the major points of interest, the novelty of the topic and to which theme the paper is relevant.
Abstracts must be submitted in English via the conference website by completing the electronic submission form at:
For questions related to the electronic submission of abstracts, please contact:
The abstract should be written in plain text (ASCII) and
should be of 300–500 words. In addition to the technical
content, it should contain the following information:
- Title of paper
- Theme (see sessions list above)
- Name and affiliation of author(s)
- Full contact details of author including mail, email, phone and fax numbers
- Preference for oral or poster presentation
The selection of papers will be made based on the following criteria:
- General interest of the subject
- Relevance to the subjects covered by the conference
- Originality of the material presented
- Clarity of the abstract
Depending on the type of paper and its content, the Programme and Technical Committee may allocate it to a poster session rather than an oral presentation.
Abstracts must be submitted by 1 December 2011.
Acceptance of papers will be notified by 31 January 2012.
In addition, interested delegates can now register for the conference. The early registration deadline is 1 December 2011.
More details on abstract submission and registration are available on the conference website:
Date: November 1, 2011