Leuven (BELGIUM), March 20, 2008. Materialise NV launches Magics
12.1, the new version of its software for the Rapid Prototyping and
Manufacturing (RP&M) industry. Several new features in Magics
12.1 further increase Magics’ added value for RP&M
professionals. Efficiency, quality and user-friendliness are the
key words of this release.
Below you can find an overview of the main highlights of Magics 12.1. All of these new features streamline the RP&M process and aim to increase the productivity of RP&M professionals.
• With Magics 12.1 you can perforate a hole through a wall instead of through the entire part. This way you can easily make drain holes for hollow parts or trapped volumes;
• In addition to the existing advanced teeth cut, you can now also perform a more user-friendly teeth cut. This teeth cut assures a perfect fit of parts that had to be cut because they were too big to fit on the platform;
• A thumbnail preview of .magics files in Windows Explorer will help you to easily recognize files;
• Magics 12.1 allows you to automatically scale down parts that are too large to fit in the Magics workspace;
• You can edit textured parts with increased flexibility;
• Magics 12.1 interfaces with e-Stage, the new and fully automated technology for support generation. e-Stage automates the work preparation process when supporting SLA parts by eliminating manual editing. The software also optimizes the build process and significantly cuts finishing time by generating its unique support structure. With e-Stage, Materialise takes a major leap forward in realizing its ambition to automate the entire RP&M process.
About Magics software
Magics is the key element of the Magics e-RP Suite, a full range of professional, market-leading software products that will streamline, automate and boost almost every step in your RP&M process. Magics offers advanced and highly automated tools for STL manipulation. It's the only software that is tuned entirely to the needs and characteristics of the Rapid Prototyping and Manufacturing processes. Its powerful and efficient 3D tools enable you to deliver high quality prototypes with the shortest lead times, while providing full documentation.
With its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium and branches all over the world, the Materialise Group is best known for its activities in the field of rapid industrial and medical prototyping. Apart from having the largest capacity of rapid prototyping equipment in Europe, Materialise enjoys a worldwide reputation as provider of innovative software solutions. As such, Materialise has acquired the position of market leader for 3D printing and Digital CAD software in addition to being a major player in medical and dental image processing and surgery simulation. Its medical and dental products are used worldwide by famous hospitals, research institutes and clinicians. The group has several subsidiaries in Europe, Asia and the USA, and employs over 500 people in its 4 divisions.
Date: March 27, 2008