PSE Certification Standard
PSE Certification is based on the simple concept that the ‘Professional Simulation Engineer’ certificate is achieved by an independent assessment of workplace competency.
The Certification requires the accumulation of competency through workplace experience in the specification, planning,execution and interpretation of numerical analysis applied to design, simulation or product verification, and adequate performance in executing these functions to a high standard. It also requires competency in core technology areas to show an appropriate level of underpinning theoretical knowledge and sufficient product knowledge to enable the analyst to understand the context, purpose and value of his/her analysis work.
PSE Certification targets both the experienced analyst and the newcomer to simulation. The experienced simulation engineer is required to present documented and attested evidence of academic and workplace competency to become certified. An appropriately qualified newcomer to simulation is expected to follow a structured training programme under the guidance of a suitably qualified industrial mentor. All applicants will be interviewed prior to gaining certification or being accepted as an entry-level PSE.
PSE Certification has been designed to:
- Recognise and record achievement by award of a formal certification following an independent assessment of workplace competency
- Assist companies in demonstrating the competency of staff to external organisations
- Promote best practice in engineering analysis
- Increase the pool of competent engineering analysts, thereby enhancing the competitiveness of industry
- Provide a recognised standard of competency for the international simulation community