Online Form Guidance
This section details the various items of information that applicants must supply within the online form in order to demonstrate the appropriate PSE competencies.
Applicants are asked to provide the following personal details:
- Surname (Family Name)
- Other Names (Forenames/First Names)
- Title (please select from the drop down list provided)
- Home Address• Home telephone number
- Cell / Mobile phone number
- Personal email address
Applicants are asked to provide current employment details including:
- Position currently held
- Organisation / company name
- Business postal address
- Business telephone number
- Work email address
- Full name of the referee.
- The relationship between the applicant and the referee.
- Full postal address of referee, including contact telephone number and email address.
The referees provided in the application will be contacted by the NAFEMS office and asked to confirm that they are aware of the application and that they are able to attest relevant details and competencies provided in the application.
EducationAlthough a degree is not mandatory, applicants must possess the foundation knowledge of a first degree or equivalent. They are generally expected to have undertaken a minimum level of further training and attendance at courses, seminars and workshops aimed at increasing general background engineering knowledge and, especially, the knowledge of the theory associated with numerical analysis and its application to practical engineering problems.
- Title of award, e.g. BSc Hons, Dipl. Ing, BTec, etc.
- Subject title of degree/diploma, etc.
- Grade or class of degree/diploma, etc.
- Date the award was completed/given.
- Name of the establishment who granted the award.
A summary of the applicant’s career is also required, including:
- Date started in the role and date position left. For current role, state ‘to date’.
- The job title, occupation or position held during that time.
- A brief list of bullet points detailing the main activities and responsibilities for each role.
- Organisation / company name.
- Type of business / industry sector.
- Employer postal address.
- Employer telephone number.
- Company website.
- Core Finite Element Analysis
- Mechanics, Elasticity and Strength of Materials
- Materials for Analysis and Simulation
- Flaw Assessment and Fracture Mechanics
- Nonlinear Geometric Effects and Contact
- Beams, Membranes, Plates and Shells
- Dynamics and Vibration
- Core Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Thermo-Mechanical Behaviour
- General Analysis Management
- Verification and Validation
- PLM Integration and CAD-CAE Collaboration
- Simulation Process & Data Management
- Buckling and Instability
- Multi-physics Analysis
- Composite Materials and Structures
- Fundamentals of Flow, Porous Media, Heat Transfer
- Creep and Time-Dependency
- Multi-Scale Analysis
- Probabilistic Analysis
- Noise, Acoustics and Vibro-Acoustics
- Multi-body Dynamics
Software used (e.g. the name of the FEA, CFD etc. commercial packages)
Product types worked with (e.g. pressure vessels, aircraft landing gear, bridges etc.)
- Client details do not have to be divulged if confidentiality is an issue.
- Simulation experience should directly link to the competencies claimed by the applicant.
- Given the competencies required for the various analysis types, it is not expected that an analysis type be included in the competencies claimed, purely on the basis of a single project, lasting a few weeks, for example.
- The point above also applies for both product type and software tools.
Competencies ClaimedThe decision to include a technical area should be based on the ability to demonstrate substantial industrial practice including the particular technical area.