1. Check that the required physical sub-models are available in the software.
2. Make full use of software facilities to ensure that quality CFD simulations are being undertaken.
1. Ensure that there is sufficient memory available to run at the required levels of numerical resolution and avoid swapping to disk.
2. Estimate run-times to ensure that simulations can be undertaken in the required time-scales.
3. Ensure that sufficient disk space is available to store CFD solutions.
4. Use parallel processing for larger jobs.