CFD-Numerics is specialised in fluid flow simulation, thermal management and combustion.
We manage outsourced engineering projects, simulation methodology development and research and innovation for different sectors:
- Automotive (internal combustion engine, after treatment, engine cooling, external aerodynamics...),
- Energy (Combustion, heat exchange)
- Marine (ship design with dynamic mesh, wave impact)
- Buildings (climate control)
- Product manufacturing (cooling optimisation)
Regarding Research and Innovation activities, we have for example developed specific coding in a commercial CFD tool to handle heat exchange between liquid film and exhaust line wall to simulate transient liquid film generation and by the way crystallisation risk of ammonia upstream of the SCR.
We are also able to put in place automated CFD loop from CAD to results to be integrated in optimisation process (Project realised with Renault Research)
We use CFD commercial tools (STAR-CD, STAR-CM+, Fluent, CFX) and open source code (OpenFOAM).
We have also our own hardware resources (32 cores) that can handle 70 millions cells models.