CAASE18 is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Cleveland, providing you with easy access to many of the fantastic attractions, events, and restaurants the city has to offer. Here is a quick list of some of our favorite spots in the Cleveland.
- Rock & Roll Hall of Fame: Perhaps Cleveland's most well-known attraction, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame lives up to the hype. Plan to spend a minimum of 2 hours perusing artifacts of music history and interacting with audio-visual exhibits...or just come to CAASE18's Rock & Roll Night Out on Wednesday night!
- Cleveland Museum of Art and Museum of Contemporary Art Cleveland (MOCA): Explore your inner art lover with visits to Cleveland's largest art museums. Admission to the Cleveland Museum of Art is free, and admission to MOCA is under $10.
- Playhouse Square: Take in some theater! Cleveland has the country's largest performing arts center outside of New York.
- Cleveland Botanical Garden: With 20 unique gardens, amateur botanists of all ages are sure to enjoy a visit!
- Cleveland Museum of Natural History: Visit some dinosaur fossils or reach for the stars in the planetarium!
- Great Lakes Science Center: Very close to the conference hotel, discover the fascinating science exhibits at the Great Lakes Science Center - including a biomedical technology gallery!
- Greater Cleveland Aquarium: Discover aquatic animals from Ohio and around the world at the Greater Cleveland Aquarium.
- Cleveland Metroparks Zoo: Part of the Cleveland Metroparks system, the zoo has a large number of animal habitats to explore.
- Underground Railroad: Cleveland was the last U.S. location for the Underground Railroad. Take yourself on a self-guided tour of important Underground Railroad locations, and visit Lakewood Park to view a plaque commemorating this important piece of U.S. history.
- Cedar Point: The roller coaster capital of the world!
- Cleveland Sports: The Cleveland Browns (NFL) and the Cleveland Indians(MLB) both have stadiums in walking distance from the conference center. For the serious fans, the Pro Football Hall of Fame is located just an hour's drive south of Cleveland in Canton, OH!
- West Side Market: Cleveland’s oldest continuously operating municipally owned market (since 1912)
- A Christmas Story House: The restored house features original props, costumes, memorabilia and behind-the-scenes photos from the film, A Christmas Story.
In-Kind Sponsors* Media Sponsor*
*Available on a case-by-case basis to vendor-neutral organizations synergistic with the aims and purposes of NAFEMS in general and the CAASE2018 event in particular. An In-Kind or Media Sponsor is an acknowledgment of technical and/or marketing/business support by an organization for the CAASE18 event through mutual collaboration on relevant initiatives, often including reciprocal NAFEMS in-kind-support for the corresponding organizations’ appropriate events. Please contact NAFEMS Americas for more details.