DISTENE Releases MeshGems 1.3
DISTENE, the leading OEM provider of meshing technology on the CAD/CAE software developers market, is pleased to announce the release of MeshGems 1.3.
The MeshGems product line is the next generation meshing technology from DISTENE with an API framework architecture. In addition to the world renowned Volume Meshing technology, MeshGems provides a comprehensive range of functionality including Surface Meshing, Mesh Processing and Mesh Adaptation.
MeshGems 1.3 brings to its users various enhancements and new capabilities, including:
- Enhanced MG-PreCAD/MG-CADSurf providing unified surface meshing APIs for native CAD and discrete geometries.
Up to now, MG-PreCAD and MG-CADSurf have been capable of meshing analytical CAD geometries (e.g. Nurbs, B-Splines, etc.). The new version of MG-PreCAD in MeshGems 1.3 is now able to work with discrete geometries as well, allowing MG-CADSurf to generate the corresponding “computational quality” surface mesh. Geometries described typically by STL or OBJ files can now be fed into the meshing workflow based on MG-PreCAD/MG-CADSurf, facilitating a common workflow to process both discrete and analytical CAD geometries indifferently.
- Enhanced MG-Hexa to provide imprinting for boundary layers in volume hex meshing:
Boundary layers have been available in MG-Hexa since version 1.1 of MeshGems, but release 1.3 offers new features including volume blending and imprinting. Imprinting for example makes sure that sides of boundary layers are imprinted on surfaces where they are not required (e.g. at inlets/outlets, periodic or symmetry surfaces, etc.).
- Enhanced MG-Cleaner to proved improved automatic cleaning capabilities. Manually correcting geometry issues can be painful and highly time consuming. MG-Cleaner was designed to correct those problems fully automatically without involving a complete mesh change. This 1.3 release of MeshGems benefits from a strong improvement of MG-Cleaner in terms of cleaning capabilities for correcting very complex cases.
- Enabled preview of new parallel version of MG-Tetra MPI version:
MG-Tetra_HPC is a completely new parallel Tet Mesher allowing to take advantage of the speed and memory capacity of distributed computer resources and message passing. MG-Hybrid is planned for product release in MeshGems 2.0, planned for November 2014, in both MPI and multi-threaded versions.
- Enabled preview of MG-Hybrid
MG-Hybrid represents a new component for automatic hybrid meshing by mixing together the following features: Boundary Layer generation (from tri & quad surface mesh input), hex core meshing (allowing pre-dominant hexahedral output meshes), tet-meshing and mesh gluing in a conformal way with mixed element types. MG-Hybrid conforms exactly to the input quad or mixed tri/quad surface, and fills the corresponding volume in a conformal way with hexahedra wherever possible, or tets, or a collection of other simple elements. The input mesh must be a closed and manifold surface mesh, which will be preserved throughout the meshing process. MG-Hybrid is planned for product release in MeshGems 2.0
“The advanced surface meshing in MeshGems 1.3 is designed with volume meshing in mind,” says Randy Morris, Managing Director, csimsoft “by leveraging the surface and volume meshing of MeshGems we have been able to achieve a near 100% success rate on volume meshing of our extensive test suite for volume meshing.”
Date: July 24, 2014