SAMCEF v12.1 Launched
SAMTECH announces today the launch of the new commercial release
12.1 of its Finite Element software suite SAMCEF.
Aimed at meeting its customers' needs, SAMTECH focuses continuously on the improvement of capabilities: overall CPU performance, robustness, ease-of-use and result reliability of SAMCEF.
With close to 100 new enhancements, SAMCEF V12.1 offers major
advances in linear and nonlinear mechanical modeling, thermal
analysis, parallel computing and results post-processing.
Among the extensive list of new features, the following are worth mentioning:
- Direct parallel solver for linear static analysis (SAMCEF Asef) and non linear mechanical, thermal and thermo-mechanical ablation analyses (SAMCEF Mecano, SAMCEF Thermal and SAMCEF Amaryllis), including the parallelization of elements generation;
- Inverse analysis in SAMCEF Mecano with un-deformed geometry as unknown;
- Improved face-to-face contact feature both in SAMCEF Mecano and SAMCEF Asef;
- New second degree heterosis shell element for linear and non-linear analyses;
- Improved thermal post-processing after SAMCEF Thermal;
- Multi-stage cyclic symmetry dynamic modal analysis (SAMCEF Dynam)and time&frequency response (SAMCEF Repdyn);
- A Monte Carlo Ray tracing method for the calculation of view factors for thermal analysis (SAMCEF Thermal);
SAMCEF V12.1 runs on Linux, Unix and Windows 64 bits platforms.
“SAMCEF is being used more and more by industry with extensive references in all sectors. New developments in SAMCEF by SAMTECH are strategic in helping its customers access state-ofthe-art numerical methods thus reducing the time-to-market and to lowering development costs”, explains Didier Granville, Chief Marketing Officer of SAMTECH.
Depending on the industrial constraints, SAMCEF solvers can be run either within the standalone CAD Based pre- and postprocessor SAMCEF Field or within CATIAV5. Both user environments offer highly efficient and innovative capabilities enabling our customers to be ever more competitive.
Design problems can also be solved by using jointly SAMCEF solvers and BOSS quattro, the Optimisation platform developed by SAMTECH.
Finally, the extensive capabilities of the SAMCEF toolbox are more and more used as internal solver for advanced Professional Products dedicated to specific applications.
Through SAMCEF Field, the Integrated FEA approach of SAMCEF can also be complemented by advanced Multi-Physics capabilities available in OOFELIE for example for vibro-acoustics, electrostatics, electromagnetism, optics, phase change and fluid-structure interaction.
Date: October 24, 2007