SpaceClaim Records Significant Sales Growth in 2009
SpaceClaim Records Significant Sales Growth in 2009
Sales Increase an Impressive 253% Year-Over-Year
Total Global Customer Seats Sold Grows by More Than 188%
Concord, MA, February 3, 2010 : SpaceClaim, provider of 3D Direct Modeling software, today announced strong sales growth and a sharp increase in new global customers in 2009. These results demonstrate that SpaceClaim’s 3D solutions improve the performance of engineering organizations by enabling concept modeling, optimizing CAE workflows, and achieving the realization of simulation-driven product development.
Compared to 2008, SpaceClaim’s sales grew 253%, with new license sales growing more than 188%. New and unique global customers included industry leaders in automotive, aerospace, medical devices, consumer goods, as well as educational engineering institutions. New commercial and educational accounts included Rolls Royce, Cooper Tire, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, Bosch, Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics, Eaton Corporation, IBM, Herman Miller, 3M, Purdue University, Dresden University, and Saint Petersburg State Polytechnical University.
“This past year was a watershed period for us,” said Chris Randles, President and CEO, SpaceClaim. “We’ve experienced accelerating demand for our products every quarter, and the trend is continuing into 2010. We now have three of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers, as well as several of the largest components suppliers, using SpaceClaim for concept modeling and model preparation for engineering analysis. These, and other customers, use SpaceClaim to implement superior engineering processes and gain a competitive edge. They have discovered that SpaceClaim ideally addresses the needs of today’s engineers: it is easy to learn and use, it works with any geometry, and it pays for itself in a matter of a few short months. Our customers regularly report that they are saving up to 50% in engineering time and are predictably moving products to market faster.”
Customers Achieve Unprecedented Results
SpaceClaim’s diverse customer base experiences have proven that when they adopt nimble, best-in-class tools, they overcome the inflexibility of traditional, single-vendor CAD deployments:
- “The argument for streamlining by enforcing a single CAD platform is a thing of the past,” said Hiroshi Mizuide, Branch Manager, Hioki E.E. Corporation. “The goal is to streamline the workflow while introducing the best tools for every job. Although a mix of tools comes at higher support costs, reducing wasted time in engineering and getting products to market faster is what gives us our competitive edge. We have achieved this goal by empowering our engineers with SpaceClaim.”
- "Before we used SpaceClaim, we had to go to the CAD team every time we needed a change,” said Sue Stroope, NVH and CAE manager, BorgWarner, TorqTransfer Systems Business Unit. “Now with SpaceClaim, the process is speeded up significantly because we're able to make and test the changes ourselves."
- “We chose SpaceClaim’s solution because other tools were just too complex and the learning curve was very daunting,” said Angela Delbridge, Senior Engineer and Lead Project Manager, K2 Medical Systems. “We can create and modify 3D models in SpaceClaim with a speed not achievable in other software tools evaluated.”
- “Often I had models for analysis we couldn’t get to at all because it took forever,” said Mads Jakob Jensen, Development Engineer, Widex. “Now, I am saving at least 10 man hours per model analyzed and I am able to get results more quickly than I had anticipated.”
A Commitment to Product Innovation
SpaceClaim’s unprecedented continuous development process resulted in two major releases and three service pack releases in 2009, all of which delivered new, breakthrough capabilities to customers and partners. New products and capabilities included:
- SpaceClaim 2009, the fourth release of the Company’s products, SpaceClaim Engineer and SpaceClaim Style;
- Service packs that delivered customer-requested enhancements in model repair, preparation for simulation, and surfacing;
- Strengthened enhancements for model preparation and product design and editing, and an enhanced, seamless bidirectional integration with ANSYS 11, 12.0 and 12.1;
- SpaceClaim 2009+, the fifth release of SpaceClaim Engineer and SpaceClaim Style featuring major enhancements for direct modeling, model preparation for simulation, direct beam and shell modeling, and support for multi-touch user interaction.
SpaceClaim also announced a licensing and distribution agreement with ANSYS, Inc. (NASDAQ:ANSS), a global innovator of simulation software and technologies and an OEM contract with Flow International Corporation (NASDAQ:FLOW), the world leader in ultrahigh-pressure waterjet technology.
“SpaceClaim has demonstrated that it has the most versatile solution for 3D Direct Modeling, enabling our customers to innovate faster and overcome their competition. We are addressing a large and untapped market – 80% of engineers involved in product development and manufacturing around the world still lack full access to 3D tools and data. We expect to continue to grow rapidly in 2010, as manufacturing companies look to equip their engineering teams with powerful and easy-to-use 3D modeling tools that free them from dependence on CAD teams and mitigate inefficiencies in the design cycle,” commented Randles.
About SpaceClaim Corporation
SpaceClaim provides the world’s fastest and most innovative 3D Direct Modeling solutions. SpaceClaim has created a quantum leap in engineering productivity, enabling 3D solid modeling that is accessible to everyone from power users and engineers to part-time designers. Global customers include Nokia Siemens Networks, BorgWarner, Medtronic, Lotus Cars, Sharp, K2 Medical Systems, FuelCell Energy, Emhart Glass, GE Aviation, General Dynamics, and the U.S Navy. SpaceClaim is privately held and backed by Borealis Ventures, Kodiak Venture Partners, and North Bridge Venture Partners. For more information on SpaceClaim, please visit: www.spaceclaim.com.
SpaceClaim is a registered trademark of SpaceClaim Corporation. All other names mentioned herein are either trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
VP of Marketing
Tel: + 1 (978) 482-2211
Date: February 3, 2010