pSeven 6.14 Release: brand new Design space exploration block, direct STAR-CCM+ and FMI integration, synchronized plots and much more
DATADVANCE announces the availability of pSeven 6.14, a new version platform for data analysis and optimization. Read on for highlights on new additions!
Design Space Exploration Enhancements
We upgraded the Design of experiments block to Design space exploration, so the resulting new block has the following key features:
- The entire setup of optimization and design of experiments (including adaptive) techniques are under the hood. You can easily combine strategies and switch between techniques when solving your design tasks.
- SmartSelection is activated by a button and automatically selects the best approach based on the properties of your design task.
- Four new techniques implemented: Surrogate-based optimization, Gradient-based optimization, Adaptive design for GP and Diagonal sampling.
- Added support for discrete and categorical variables.
- Added support for adaptive generation of designs based only on the initial sample (sample-based ADoE).
- Redesigned interface with improved responsiveness and usability.
Enhancements in building and evaluating approximation models (Predictive Modeling Enhancements)
We significantly improved Model builder performance in the SmartSelection mode, namely:
- Implemented a new method of model training parallelization which utilizes multi-core CPUs in a much more efficient way, training candidate models in parallel. This feature noticeably speeds up model training in case of multiple outputs or in the presence of categorical variables.
- Added an ability to build more accurate models in cases when values of some training outputs are exponentially distributed, thanks to the better support for automatic log transformation of training data.
- Improved the special data analysis algorithm to prevent oscillations of model outputs when a smooth model is required. As a result, the best approximation technique is selected according to the expected landscape of the model.
- Introduced a new Advanced option hint to manually specify arbitrary options used in model training.
- Better support of model’s input and output descriptions in blocks and various tools in Analyze. Now you can add extensive details on variables and responses before training a model. We also added the ability to copy model details to the pSeven clipboard.
Direct integration capabilities extended
- Added the STAR-CCM+ block which enables integration of STAR-CCM+ simulations into a workflow, supports StarCAD, CFD and Turbo Wizard parameters in STAR-CCM+ and can run simulations on a remote STAR-CCM+ server.
- Introduced the FMI model block to integrate Functional Mock-up Units for Co-Simulation into workflows.
- FloEFD, Solidworks and ANSYSWorkbench blocks now use the latest versions of their products.
pSeven 6.14 is a major step toward making the platform an even more powerful tool for visualizing your data. Linked selection option is a long-awaited feature that adds connected interactivity between Sample viewer, 2D plot and Parallel coordinates plot. You can now synchronize selections between these viewers if they share at least one common data source and also have linked selection enabled. It means that selections you make in a viewer also select corresponding data in other viewers linked to it.
pSeven 6.14 comes with some usability improvements. Now you can:
- Navigate to a specific row in the Sample viewer (the command is triggered using the Ctrl + G shortcut) and enjoy the accelerated viewer performance when working with large datasets.
- Set name prefixes to data series when importing data from CSV or Excel files.
- Select multiple items in the model tree of Approximation model and CAD blocks.
- And many others
Command-Line Workflow Integration
The update provides a practical and easy way to integrate pSeven as a part of some external process. Now you can start workflows from the command line using pSeven’s batch mode (p7batch). Its notable features are:
- Workflows are started from a command line; there is no need to open a project in pSeven or click any GUI buttons.
- Running a workflow in batch mode does not show pSeven’s graphical interface so that it can be used even on systems without a graphical environment.
- pSeven running in batch mode could use a pSeven Runner license instead of full license.
New license format
Moving to pSeven 6.14 requires an updated license file. Licenses issued for the previous versions of pSeven are not compatible with pSeven 6.14 and above. New licenses files will be sent shortly to customers with active technical maintenance period. Please, contact us if you didn't receive it.
This release also brings many updates to the chapters of the user manual and resolves a number of issues and bugs.
Date: October 18, 2018