Topics for the automotive CAE Grand Challenge 2015 revealed
CAE experts of the automotive industry have determined the topics of the automotive CAE Grand Challenge 2015.
Following the concept of the conference series, the most important current challenges of the automotive CAE - the so-called “Grand Challenges” - have been determined through a web-based survey among the CAE experts of the international automotive industry this month. These "Grand Challenges" form the topics of the sessions of our automotive CAE Grand Challenge 2015 conference:
CAE general: Material testing, modeling & data management for thick walled (e.g. casted) light weight alloys
- Crash: Failure models for point connections (multi-material design)
- Fatigue: Influence of manufacturing processes on durability
- NVH: Acoustic material parameters (testing, characterization)
- Occupant safety: Airbag simulation (OOP, side, multi-chamber): Unfolding, contacts, gas dynamics, FSI
- Sheet metal forming: Material models for metals including failure
- SpecialSession: Face the HPC challenge
In the individual sessions speakers from industry, research and software development explain the importance of the Challenge for the virtual vehicle development process and report on their efforts to solve the challenges.
If you want to contribute a presentation at the automotive CAE GrandChallenge please contact Dr. Dirk Ulrich - Phone +49 6023 9640-66 or mail
Date: November 17, 2014