2nd International Workshop on Validation of Computational Mechanics ModelsThis one day workshop will be held at the British Museum in London on Tuesday 5th November, 2013. Registration is required but is free!
Who should attend?
- Engineers involved in decision-making based on predictions from computational mechanics models
- Computational modellers interested in improving credibility and confidence in their models
- Designers utilizing computational models for design optimisation
- Experimental mechanicians interested in utilising their data for validation purposes
- Decision and policy makers using computational predictions
- Philosophers interested in uncertainty, the nature of evidence and decision-making
- Engineers concerned about calibration, uncertainty quantification and validation
Further information regarding the workshop can be found here.
To register contact the workshop secretary, Hannah Jones at Liverpool University (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The workshop is supported by the European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007-2013) under grant agreement no. 319116, VANESSA (Validation of Numerical Engineering Simulations: Standardisation Actions). For more information regarding the work of the VANESSA Project please visit www.engineeringvalidation.org.
Event Type: News
Date: October 24, 2013