Collaboration between NAFEMS France and AFNeT
30th of April 2020 -NAFEMS, The International Association for the Engineering Modelling, Analysis and Simulation community, and AFNeT (French Association of the Net) join forces in order to make the future solutions and standards for Engineering Analysis and Simulation interoperability emerge and to qualify them.
The perimeter addressed initially covers:
- Promotion of digital engineering including simulation, interoperability and standardization
- Definition of a comprehensive framework for digital twin and associated processes with relevant parties
- Coordination of activities, relationship with other associations (such as AFIS) and common voice in the international context
- Set up of common projects with shared resources
- The related needs for competences and associated skills.
AFNeT will bring its knowledge on digital activities in complex and extended enterprises, change management in multi organizational context, interoperability and standardization over all Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
NAFEMS will bring its expertise on Engineering analysis and simulation for industrial applications as well as in academic and research context, design optimization for PLM
NAFEMS is the International Association for the Engineering Modelling, Analysis and Simulation Community. We are a not-for-profit organisation which was established in 1983. Our principal aims are to:
- Improve the professional status of all persons engaged in the use of engineering simulation
- Establish best practice in engineering simulation
- Provide a focal point for the dissemination and exchange of information and knowledge relating to engineering simulation
- Promote collaboration and communication
- Act as an advocate for the deployment of simulation
- Continuously improve the education and training in the use of simulation techniques
- Be recognised as a valued independent authority that operates with neutrality and integrity
We focus on the practical application of numerical engineering simulation techniques such the Finite Element Method for Structural Analysis, Computational Fluid Dynamics, and Multibody Simulation. In addition to end users from all industry sectors, our stakeholders include technology providers, researchers and academics.
Provide knowledge, international collaboration and educational opportunities for the use and validation of engineering simulation
The goals of NAFEMS are to:
- Be the recognised independent authority and trusted source for communicating engineering simulation knowledge, and for sharing best engineering modelling, analysis, and overall simulation practices in developing reliable products and innovative solutions.
- Facilitate unbiased worldwide communication and collaboration between industries, academia, and government organisations for the advancement of best practice in multidisciplinary engineering simulation expertise.
- Develop and deliver training and personal educational opportunities that are aligned with the rapidly-advancing engineering simulation technologies.
- Have a strong impact on product quality, development efficiency and safety
The French association of Internet users and networked Society (AFNeT) is a non-profit organization of industrial and public French and European actors (large companies, SMEs, ministries and administrations, local authorities, universities, large Schools, ICT suppliers, ...) that actively accompanies and supports companies for the sustainable appropriation of new information technologies.
Initially named AFUU (French Unix and Open Systems User Group), the Association was renamed AFNeT in 2000 to address also business impacts of the new technologies. Since 2003, AFNeT has deployed a “project driven model” with sectorial industrial associations, with budgets, resources and deliverables.
The missions of the AFNeT include:
- Reflection on the economic, technological and societal impacts of the Internet and networked society, through conferences of the « digital confidence circles of strategic industries » (CNIS) upon all innovative digital subjects: AI, Blockchain, Digital Twin, additive manufacturing, IIOT, ...,
- Assistance to project management of sectorial collaborative platforms projects (construction, rail, maritime, nuclear...) on the BoostAeroSpace model of the aeronautical industry, service of which AirDesign is intended to support Systems Engineering processes, based on the ISO standards,
- Organisation of the “AFNeT standardization Days” and of the congress “Boost-Industrie”, with all industrial sectors presenting the advancement of their digital transformation
- Management and implementation of projects related to standards and technologies for interoperability (for example, the ATLAS project, covering all the life cycle from systems engineering to support, including notably digital twin or management of ISO standards). The AFNeT PLM Committee allows in particular to federate the efforts of the stakeholders on standards development projects, implementation forums and benchmarks.