Metallic Additive Manufacturing MANWG Sub-group
The Metallic Additive Manufacturing MANWG Sub-group was set up in early 2017 and identified the following aims:
- Compile a list of defects in order to prioritise the work of the group, including identification of which defects are most critical;
- Short term:
- state-of-art review on AM simulation
- most reliable & efficient methodology (Eigenvalue/Lumping mass substructure)
- what can be done and transferred to industrial practitioners
- a possible Benchmark magazine on Metallic Additive Manufacturing
- benchmarks of different software tools
- recommend best design practice
- encourage vendors and researchers to develop more efficient simulation algorithm and software tools, e.g. to cover the defect analysis & prediction such as porosity, and optimize AM process window
- Long term
- Virtual manufacturing process simulation for a complete AM product cycle
If you are interested in participating in the Metallic Additive Manufacturing sub-group, please complete the 'Get Involved' form below and we will be in touch with you shortly.
If you wish to get involved in the Metallic Additive Manufacturing MANWG Sub-group activities, please use the form below.