Manufacturing Process Simulation Working Group
The NAFEMS Manufacturing Process Simulation Working Group (MANWG) was launched in February 2016.
The mission of the NAFEMS Manufacturing Process Simulation Working Group is currently being developed. The following mission statement and goals can be considered as placeholders:
“to promote the development and use of virtual manufacturing tools within the product design and manufacturing cycle to improve outcomes in industrial manufacturing processes."
This will be achieved by being a focal point for independent and reliable information on simulation capabilities and requirements, specifically by pursuing its goals of:
- making virtual manufacturing tools more reliable, accurate and efficient
- making virtual manufacturing tools wide-spread and effective in design and execution of manufacturing processes
- to increase awareness of virtual manufacturing and its value in real-world manufacturing
- becoming a hub for modellers to be well informed and interconnected concerning simulation matters
- facilitating innovation through the promotion and support of virtual manufacturing tools within academia, policy makers and throughout the manufacturing community
The Manufacturing Process Simulation Working Group also has three Focus Groups, concentrating on the following areas:
You can get in touch with the Manufacturing Process Simulation Working Group by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Animation of an Axisymmetric Finite Element Simulation of the Multi-Pass Butt Fusion Welding of a Martensitic Steel Pipe
Image courtesy of the Manufacturing Technology Centre.