Metallic Additive Manufacturing MANWG Focus Group
The Metallic Additive Manufacturing (MAM) MANWG Focus Group was set up in early 2017 and identified the following aims:
- Compile a list of defects in order to prioritise the work of the group, including identification of which defects are most critical;
- Short term:
- state-of-art review on AM simulation
- most reliable & efficient methodology (Eigenvalue/Lumping mass substructure)
- what can be done and transferred to industrial practitioners
- a possible Benchmark magazine on Metallic Additive Manufacturing
- benchmarks of different software tools
- recommend best design practice
- encourage vendors and researchers to develop more efficient simulation algorithm and software tools, e.g. to cover the defect analysis & prediction such as porosity, and optimize AM process window
- Long term
- Virtual manufacturing process simulation for a complete AM product cycle
A list of the current members of the Metallic Additive Manufacturing MANWG Focus Group can be viewed.
If you are interested in participating in the Metallic Additive Manufacturing Focus Group, please complete the 'Get Involved' form below and we will be in touch with you shortly.
If you wish to get involved in the Metallic Additive Manufacturing MANWG group activities, please use the form below.
PLEASE NOTE: all NAFEMS Working Groups are asked to ensure that at least two thirds of their membership are affiliated with a NAFEMS member organisation