The 25th International Meshing Roundtable (IMR) and User Forum
The 25th International Meshing Roundtable (IMR) and User Forum will be held September 26-30, 2016 at the Doubletree, Washington DC - Crystal City. We solicit technical papers that present original results on meshing, gridding and related technology. In addition, the 25th IMR also solicits short research notes and posters that describe exploratory research, preliminary results and techniques deemed to be relevant to the field of meshing. The IMR will again host a meshing contest, allowing members of the meshing community to showcase their tools.
A new feature of the 25th IMR will be a user forum featuring technical presentations and posters demonstrating novel application of meshing tools as well as hands-on tutorials of state-of-the-art commercial software tools for mesh generation. Research notes and posters are solicited from practitioners that highlight aspects of the model preparation process and its application to relevant science and engineering solutions.
A detailed description of conference topics can be found at http://imr.sandia.gov/25imr/PaperSubmission.html
The 25th IMR will have two technical tracks. A software developer track and user forum track. The contributions in the developer track will focus on novel methods for solving meshing-related problems where the audience is primarily focussed on researchers that develop computational tools. The User Forum track will be will include submissions that describe the use of existing software tools, both in the research and the commercial domains, that allow for more efficient and/or effective solutions to high-impact problems in modelling and simulation. The audience for the User Forum track will be primarily professionals who use meshing and geometry software as a tool for analysis. The authors will indicate the track during submission, while the reviewers will evaluate the fit and may recommend a change in the track.
- May 30 Full paper submission deadline
- June 30 Meshing contest commitment deadline
- July 11 Initial acceptance notification for papers are sent to authors.
- July 25 Modification for "accepted with revisions" papers are due
- July 31 Meshing contest entry deadline
- August 1 Final acceptance notifications for "accepted with revisions” papers are sent to the authors
- August 14 Applications for student financial support due
- August 15 Research notes and poster submission deadline
- August 18 Notification of student financial support
- August 22 Acceptance notification for research notes and posters are sent to authors
- August 25 Early conference registration ends
- August 25 Hotel reservation due for special rates
- August 31 IMR Fellow Award Nominations Due
- September 12 Final camera ready full paper due
- September 26 Short Courses
- September 27-29 Conference
- September 29-30 User Forum
Papers should contain significant technical content to be accepted. Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings by Elsevier Publishing Group. Papers, posters, and research notes will be available at www.sandia.gov/imr/papers/mesh.html and will be distributed electronically on flash drives at the conference. Following the conference, selected papers will be invited to be included in a special peer-reviewed journal edition published in CAD.OpenConf will be used for the paper submissions, details can be found at http://imr.sandia.gov/25imr/PaperSubmission.html.
For more details and continued updates, please visit www.sandia.gov/imr and also join the LinkedIn Group: International Meshing Roundtable at www.linkedin.com/groups/International-Meshing-Roundtable-3890430.
Event Type: Seminar
Location: Crystal City, Washington DC USA
Date: September 26, 2016