Coventry Course: Introduction to FEA Principles
Special Discounted Rate: £250
This independent, software-neutral course will provide you with a solid foundation in the basic theory and application of the finite element method to structural mechanics – helping you to analyse your own and 3rd party simulations effectively and accurately. Book before 31st March 2016 for special discounted rate: £250
Start Date/Time 05 May 09:00
End Date/Time 05 May 17:00
Who Should Attend?
This course has been designed for delegates with no previous finite element experience; it is useful for designers moving into the field of finite element analysis or those looking to understand what FEA can do.
The course is also useful to engineers who need to write specifications for finite element projects and will help interpret and check the results at the conclusion of these projects.
- FEA in Product Development
- The FEA Approach
- Expectations of Analysis
Basic Concepts of FEA
- The Underlying Principles of FEA
- Workshop – Analysis of a Circular Bar
- Workshop – Analysis of a Three Bar Assembly
- Dynamic Loads
- Background to Structural Analysis
- Workshop – Analysis of a Portal Frame
Basics of Stress Analysis
- Basics of Stress and Strain
- Workshop – Analysis of a Plate with a Hole
Building Blocks of FE
- Shape Functions
- Element Types
- Workshop – Which Element Type?
- Mesh Convergence
- Mesh Quality
- Workshop – Analysis of a Cantilevered I-Beam
- Analysis Types
- Workshop – Boundary Conditions?
- Workshop – Analysis of a Bolted Flange
Course Fee Book Before 31st March 2016: £250 (Usual Course Fee: £395)
For further information, please visit:
Alternatively, please contact us on 0161 474 7479 or email email@example.com
Event Type: Course
Location: Coventry UK
Date: May 5, 2016