Fatigue of Welds
This workshop is aimed at engineers who are concerned with the structural integrity of welded structures, and who would like to understand how fatigue calculations can be performed appropriate to their structure and weld type.
It is assumed that attendees have a general understanding of fatigue, from either theory or from test.
Workshop topics will include:
- An introduction to the fatigue of welds
- Weld standards: BS7608, Eurocode 3 and DNV RP-C203*
- Review of nCode crack growth methods for fracture mechanics assessment of welds
- Review of nCode weld fatigue analysis methods from finite element analysis results (spot welds, seam welds, shell elements, solid elements)
- A brief demonstration using nCode GlyphWorks and DesignLife software with an opportunity to try the software out first hand
The workshop is independent and does not rely on concepts introduced in other workshops.
Event Registration: www.ncode.com/workshops
When: 25 March @ 13:30-16:30
Where: The Stirling Highland Hotel (Stirling, UK)
About: This free workshop is hosted by HBM-nCode. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.ncode.com/workshops.
Event Type: Workshop
Location: Stirling UK
Date: March 25, 2015