Analyses of masonry, brick and block structures require specific specialist tools, DIANA has long been known as a leader in this area, and is used across the world by commercial and academic institutions to ensure the structural viability and safety of both historical and modern buildings. This course takes place on 19 & 21 April in two 2,5hr online sessions.
This course will prepare the participants to understand the range of materials used in the architecture, the best way to model geometry for the situation, and which analyses should be carried out.
- Overview on general behavior of masonry structures
- Different components of masonry structures and modelling strategies
- Materials models for masonry
> Micro modelling (discrete crack approach)
> Macro modelling (smeared crack approach)
>> Total strain cracked model
>> Engineering masonry model
- Analysis for structural assessment of masonry structures
- Strengthening of masonry structures and modelling strategies
- Exercises: Shear failure analysis of a masonry wall & Analysis of an unreinforced masonry house (Insight)
For more information & registration: dianafea.com/2022-Int-Masonry