This workshop covers the selection of materials and the considers some of the means used to lengthen the fatigue life of particular materials.
This Workshop will cover:
Selection of Materials - avoiding the “Mild Steel or Stainless Steel” Syndrome…..
- What’s out there? - GraphMo to Graphene….
- Why does a metal bend when dropped, whilst glass breaks?
- Brief overview of some properties and systems
Modification of materials – “I’m constrained with selection but want to give the material a better chance of surviving for longer..."
- Change the material – different specification, same family
- Alter the process route
- Alter the process outcome - particularly finish
- Protect against environmental effects
- Modify stress distribution locally
Event Registration: www.ncode.com/workshops
When: 20 May @ 9:30-12:30
Where: Best Western Cambridge Quy Mill Hotel (Cambridge, UK)
About: This free workshop is hosted by HBM-nCode. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.ncode.com/workshops.
Event Type: Workshop
Location: Cambridge UK
Date: May 20, 2015