Meeting Deep Water Subsea Challenges with Simulation and Design Exploration
Current market downturn in the oil and gas industry require innovative solutions to cut project costs while designing products for deeper and colder waters. If you'd like to learn how CFD simulation can help you meet these challenges, then this is an event you need to attend!
Traditional design processes that rely on physical testing is not only expensive, it's also limited in the number of design variants that can be evaluated. Physical testing may not even be possible for new operating conditions. Through simulations, design teams can evaluate several designs in shorter time which will help to reduce cost while simultaneously assuring product quality and performance in different operating conditions.
This Workshop Will Have Three Goals
- To provide an overview of the technologies available to meet challenges in subsea projects.
- To share best practices and customer success stories on a few selected topics.
- To demo our simulation and design exploration workflow.
Topics Will Include
- Automated Design Exploration
- Vortex-induced Vibration and Acoustics
- Erosion Modelling in Subsea Equipment
- Subsea Separator Design
- Detailed Multiphase Flow Analysis in Junctions/Manifolds by Coupling to OLGA
Through the use of Multidisciplinary Design Exploration (MDX), FMC Technologies reduced engineering time spent on simulation by 40% while significantly increasing the number of designs evaluated.
More information at www2.cd-adapco.com/l/14592/2015-12-07/5y35sg
Event Type: Workshop
Location: Fornebu Norway
Date: February 3, 2016