Modeling Fracture and Failure with Abaqus Training Course in Houston - July 20-22
We are delighted to offer the following three-day training course on July 20-22 at our training facility in Houston. Please visit http://viascorp.com/vias/course-schedule/?ctype=2 for registration.
As authorized education partner of Dassault Systèmes, we can offer SIMULIA training courses in house or at your facility.
VIAS provides integrated, innovative, and cost-effective engineering and software solutions to Energy Process and Utilities industry.
Title: Modeling Fracture and Failure with Abaqus
Date: July 20–22, 2016
Hours: 9 AM - 5 PM (CST)
Location: VIAS Houston Office,
1400 Broadfield Blvd. Suite 325, Houston, TX 77084
Fracture and failure modeling allows for product designs that maximize the safe operating life of structural components. Abaqus offers many capabilities that enable fracture and failure modeling. This seminar provides a detailed discussion of these capabilities.
The following products are covered by this seminar: Abaqus
The course covers the following topics:
- Proper modeling techniques for capturing crack-tip singularities in fracture mechanics problems
- Proper modeling techniques for finite-strain (nonlinear) fracture mechanics problems
- Using Abaqus/CAE to create meshes appropriate for fracture studies
- Calculation of stress intensity factors and contour integrals around a crack tip
- Material damage and failure models
- Wear and erosion modeling
- Simulating crack growth using cohesive connections
- Simulating crack growth using VCCT
- Simulating crack growth using XFEM
- Simulating low-cycle fatigue crack growth
The course is divided into lectures, demonstrations and hands-on workshops.
The course's workshops are integral to the training. They are designed to reinforce concepts presented during the lectures and demonstrations. They are intended to provide users with the experience of running and trouble-shooting actual Abaqus analyses.
Target Audience: This course is recommended for engineers with experience using Abaqus. Experience with Abaqus/CAE is desirable.
Event Type: Seminar
Location: Houston The USA
Date: July 20, 2016