Throughout this course, we will impart upon you the dedicated knowledge of Hybrid Frequency Time Domain (HFTD) analysis in DIANA, drawing particular focus to dam structures, included lessons:
- the background theory of the HFTD method
- application of HFTD analysis for seismic assessment of dam structures
- important modelling aspects (mass, damping, frequency dependent reservoir properties, earthquake accelerograms)
- specific analysis settings (model reduction, time segments, excitation frequency filtering and convergence)
- a comparison between standard nonlinear transient dynamic analysis and HFTD analysis
Upon completion of this module, you will have an indepth understanding of the HFTD method, and the pro's and con's of this approach. The course is divided into two sessions, each session will be approximately 2.5hrs in length, and will include lectures, live demos or insights, and discussions. DIANA will be made available to participants for the duration of the course.
For more Information & Registration: dianafea.com/2022-HFTD-Course