Simulation for Marine Applications
This event is free, but registration is necessary as spaces are limited. Sign up at www2.cd-adapco.com
Do you want to learn more about how to use computational fluid dynamics (CFD) in your design process? Do you want to understand how you can reduce the need for tow tank testing by using CFD? Do you want to explore new methods for using CFD to design marine systems?
If so, please join us in one of two convenient locations for a workshop on CFD simulation for marine applications. This event will highlight the latest innovations and benefits of computational fluid dynamics in the marine industry, plus alternatives to physical testing and empirical methods.
Highlights of this Session:
- How to get accurate predictions of hull drag.
- How to simulate complex flow around a ship model including appendages and operating propellers.
- How CFD is used to design and optimize propulsion systems.
- How to simulate slam loads on structures.
- A new tool for Naval Architects: Estimating Hull Performance (EHP)
- How other companies in the marine industry are using simulation tools in their design process.
Guest speakers will investigate the latest applications of flow, thermal and stress simulation and how they are impacting the development of today's maritime vehicles and structures.
Event Type: Workshop
Location: Haugesund Norway
Date: November 17, 2014