Simulation for Marine Applications
Would you like to learn how Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) can help improve your design process and achieve better results, or explore new, advanced methods for using CFD to design marine systems?
If so, please join us for a free workshop on CFD simulation for marine applications. In this educational event, we will demonstrate how CFD is being used to evaluate and improve designs to reduce drag from the hull and appendages and maximize thrust from the propulsion system in order to reduce the vessel’s energy requirements.
In addition to accurately predicting the performance of design variants, CFD can be successfully used to predict performance in different waves and sea-states: real operating conditions.
Our presenters will provide an introduction on how naval architects are using engineering simulation software within the ship design process as well as a new workflow automation tool EHP (Estimating Hull Performance). These tools reduce the learning curve and model set-up time, as well as embed best practices.
- Guest speakers from ABB Marine and Wärtsilä
- How to get accurate predictions of hull resistance
- A new tool for naval architects: Estimating Hull Performance (EHP)
- How to use Design Exploration tools to optimize a ship hull geometry for fuel efficiency across the full operational envelope
- Simulation techniques based on Discrete Element Modelling (DEM) to simulate increased resistance from ice-floes
- Discuss how other Finnish companies in the marine industry are using simulation tools in their design process
More information at www2.cd-adapco.com/l/14592/2015-12-04/5xjdd6
Event Type: Workshop
Location: Helsinki Finland
Date: January 28, 2016