Systems Modeling and Simulation (SMS) Basics for Practitioners provides engineers an introduction to Systems Modeling and Simulation (SMS), and the value of SMS. Both a business perspective and an operations perspective on the challenges and essentials to deploy SMS will be discussed. In addition, the course will present the basic architecture of SMS methods and ecosystem.
What you'll learn:
- Ability to describe trends and challenges relative to SMS as part of Digital Transformation initiatives of businesses. Relevant examples from the automotive industry will be presented.
- Recognize the value and influence of the three basic pillars to Digital Transformation, namely Organization, Process, and Technology.
- Realize the urgency of SMS adoption to remain or become a viable market leader.
- Appreciate the fundamental benefits and challenges associated with adopting Systems Modeling and Simulation best practices and journey forward.
- Develop a framework to accelerate future topic exploration with regards to SMS within your organization.
- Link the course material to your own organization’s Digital Transformation vision.
This course was developed by the SMS_ThinkTank in partnership with SIMCenter.
For more information, visit: simcenter.osu.edu/sms-practitioners