This course builds on the concepts presented in SMS Basics for Practitioners by clarifying model-based definitions and their role within the engineering landscape and Systems Engineering “V” diagram will be presented. The course will then discuss the role of requirements along with guidance on writing good requirements. The course will also focus on the role of taxonomy.
What you'll learn:
- Properly define MBSE terms and use them appropriately.
- Appreciate the criticality of requirements and their impact on downstream processes.
- Realize the importance of a common set of terms and definition and communication within other groups inside and outside of an enterprise.
- Write effective requirements using correct structure and framework.
- Develop appropriate taxonomies to apply throughout their digital transformation journey.
This course was developed by the SMS_ThinkTank in partnership with SIMCenter.
For more information, visit: simcenter.osu.edu/sms-practitioners