Streamline your In-Cylinder Design Processes to Reduce Testing & Manual Analysis
Cooling Jacket Simulation. Imagine achieving better designs, faster and with less testing or manual analyst effort. Until recently, process automation of combustion engine thermal efficiency, cooling system packaging and coupling in-cylinder and powertrain thermal analysis have been minimal at best. Individual systems had to be designed in isolation and then integrated afterwards. This manual, laborious process left little time for optimization or design exploration... until now.
Join us for a free workshop that focuses on how recent developments in simulation software have improved the automation process, allowing for increased fidelity of virtual models and a decrease in the time and effort for analysis. Presenters will look at optimization and design exploration tools and how they can be applied to in-cylinder applications, thermal management and coupling ICE and powertrain simulations. With the most detailed models, tests normally done with the initial prototypes can now be enacted virtually. This enables early detection of thermal issues and enables optimization and design exploration at the early concept phase, before a prototype is ever built.
Guest Speaker: Anthony Coffey, Staff Engineer, Core CAE – CFD and Thermodynamics, Harley-Davidson Motor Co. will present "Design Optimization and Automation for CFD."
Simulation experts will explore the following topics through presentations and demonstration:
- 1D Engine Performance Tools Design Exploration and Optimization
- Combustion Analysis Process Automation and Design Exploration
- Spray Calibration Automation
- Piston Bowl Optimization to Improve Emissions
- Efficiently Integrating Combustion Simulation Results with Engine Thermal Simulation
- Engine Thermal Optimization (water or air cooled conjugate heat transfer)
- Air Systems (Intake and Exhaust Port & Manifold) Optimization
- Cooling System Packaging Automation and Optimization
This event is free, but registration is required as seats are limited. Please visit our event page at www2.cd-adapco.com/l/14592/2016-03-22/68jk47 for further details.
Event Type: Workshop
Location: Elmhurst, Illinois USA
Date: May 10, 2016