This course, presented by AltaSim Technologies, provides an introduction to the fundamentals of performing analyses of solid mechanics problems using COMSOL Multiphysics.
The course will occur in a live, interactive, web-based format January 24-27, 2022 from 12:30pm – 4:30pm EST.
The cost for this course is $1,350 USD per person.
Who Should Attend:
This course is intended for people who wish to analyze solid mechanics problems using COMSOL Multiphysics. It is expected that attendees will have an existing knowledge of the structure of COMSOL Multiphysics and will possess a relevant engineering, physics, mathematics or science background. Previous knowledge of structural mechanics is not necessary. Attendees that have developed solutions in COMSOL Multiphysics for other physics and are looking to expand their capabilities to solid mechanics are encouraged to attend.
• The fundamentals of performing linear and nonlinear structural analyses
• The governing structural mechanics equations in COMSOL Multiphysics
• Best practices for element selection and usage: Solid, Beam and Shell
• Selection of appropriate boundary conditions
• Using symmetry
• Meshing requirements
• Analysis of problems that include: Plasticity, Temperature effects, Thermal Stress, Contact, and Dynamic effects
• Best practices for obtaining accurate solutions
This course is taught in English
Instruction for the Structural Mechanics Solutions using COMSOL Multiphysics course will be performed by experienced engineers who use COMSOL Multiphysics on a daily basis to solve a wide range of complex multiphysics problems. The lead instructor for this course is Joshua Thomas.
Learn More and Register: