Webinar "pSeven capabilities to optimize aerodynamic characteristics with minimum number of iterations"
Optimization of smooth curvilinear surfaces to improve their aerodynamic behaviour is a challenging problem.
Various challenges occur typically:
- Need to automate the complete analysis chain including part parameterization, simulation process and postprocessing
- High dimensionality of the parameterization, which challenges the optimization process
- Multiple geometry and aerodynamic constraints
- Huge runtime: depending on a solver, could be hours just for one design point
- Noisiness of objective functions and constraints primarily due to aerodynamic solver.
- Dimension reduction - obtaining a low-dimensional and accurate airfoil shape description by profile geometry parameterization using Generic tool for Dimension Reduction.
- Process automation - simulation and optimization process automation in pSeven, including a solution of optimization subproblem to find a global maximum of a lift coefficient constraint (feature available in pSeven only!)
- Automatically selected method based on a small number of user-defined parameters
- Optimal solution found in a minimum number of CFD solver calls
- Robust to problem noisiness
- Allows to solve the problem in multi-objective formulation
- Parallel execution of several CFD-calculations for different operating points.
All these pSeven’s features enable solution of complex optimization tasks, such as multi-objective airfoil optimization, or a problem with a huge simulation runtime due to applying a more accurate CFD solver results.
Time: 10 AM CET
Duration: 1,5 hour
Speaker: Dmitry Khominich, Engineer, Multidisciplinary Optimization Department, DATADVANCE
We recommend you to join the webinar 5-10 minutes before it begins.
Event Type: Webinar
Date: September 4, 2014