11 - 12 June 2012, Bamberg, Germany
NAFEMS, the only independent not-for-profit organisation with the aim of promoting the effective and reliable use of CFD, addresses this requirement by providing this two day example-driven, practical course. The course offers excellent guidance on how to judge which approximations are acceptable and appropriate for solving a wide range of practical problems. Of equal importance is the manner in which the results are interpreted. Advice is provided which allows the correct decisions to be taken, based on results which are known to be reliable. Interaction is encouraged throughout the course, with the planning and design of a complete CFD project and examples of simple hand calculations, mesh designs and solution designs being set for the class to complete. The course is completely code independent.
This course is aimed at practising engineers who wish to learn more about how to apply CFD techniques to their particular problems in the most effective manner. The material that is presented is independent of any particular software package, making it ideally suited to current and potential users of all commercial CFD software systems. The numerous practical examples will be explained without the use of any software program. This course is a must for all engineers aiming to use CFD as a reliable predictive tool for flow analysis.
The course is open to both members and non-members of NAFEMS.
· Introduction / Motivation
· Which equations are solved in a CFD software package?
· Application of Finite Volume Methods to solve the equations
· How to setup a mesh for CFD simulations
· Practical CFD: From the real world to the simulation model
- What to do before starting a simulation
- Assumptions and simplifications in CFD
- Boundary conditions
- Grid generation
- Problems / pitfalls in running CFD simulations
· Quality of CFD simulations
- How to check the results / possibilities checking the results
- Verifying and validating the CFD results
· Future trends in CFD (fluid structure interaction, optimization, ...)
· Examples / workshop / discussions
Welcome Kongresshotel Bamberg
Mußstrasse 7, 96047 Bamberg, Germany
Please book your hotel accommodation by yourself using the keyword „NAFEMS“. Costs for accommodation are not included in delegate fees.
Maximal 20 attendees
Non NAFEMS members: 820,— Euro / Person*
NAFEMS member: 550,— Euro / Person*
Proceedings, lunch, coffee breaks and certificate included.
* + VAT if applicable.
This course can be booked as in-house course. Please request a quote.
Up to 3 weeks before course starts: free of charge;
up to one week before: 50 %;
later and no show: 100 %.
Absage eines Seminars
If not enough participants we keep the right to cancel the course.
Deutschland, Österreich, Schweiz GmbH
Osterham 23, D-83233 Bernau am Chiemsee
Tel. +49 (0) 80 51 - 96 59 3 49,
Fax +49 (0) 80 51 - 96 74 3 37