10 Steps to Successful Explicit Dynamic Analysis
A course providing the basics of Explicit Dynamics simulation.
1-Day Training Course - 9th May 2018
Specialised design problems involving short-duration high-pressure loadings generally require the use of explicit dynamics methods to obtain a good answer within reasonable time scales. These problems generally simulate severe loading and material failure, from events such as impact, blast loading, car crash, etc. Some manufacturing simulations in which there is changing contact between components with the material undergoing vast deformation also use explicit dynamics methods, such as metal forging, sheet metal pressing, etc.
Proving the necessary inputs and checking the results is important but often the real source of errors encountered in the simulation is difficult to determine.
This course provides a basic overview of explicit dynamics simulation methods, briefly describing the theoretical nature together with its software implementation and its advantages and disadvantages. It should help engineers carry out explicit dynamics simulations, ensuring accurate and robust solutions with correct analysis choices avoiding possible pitfalls. It should also help engineers distinguish problems that should be solved explicitly or implicitly, thereby providing the least time to obtain a solution.
Attending will explain the solution steps to carry out an explicit dynamic analysis, some of these being different to standard analyses such as controlling the hourglass modes,assigning damping and optimizing the computer time. Issues related to contact definition and avoiding extreme mesh deformation are also described.
Interaction is encouraged throughout the course. Questions and class participation are encouraged, as this is one of the key aspects of making this a unique and positive experience for each attendee.
NAFEMS, the only vendor neutral, not-for-profit organization with the aim of promoting the effective and reliable use of engineering simulation, provides this course that is completely software independent. Attendees are welcome to bring laptops to take notes but a full set of printed and bound notes will be issued.
The course is completely software independent and attendees are welcome to bring laptops to take notes, but they are not required.
A full set of printed and bound notes will be issued to every attendee.
Who Should Attend?
This course is focussed on simulation techniques used for highly nonlinear, short duration (high velocity) problems involving contact, impact, large deformations, nonlinear materials, etc.
If you have sufficient attendees or a group of potential attendees then a tailor made course may be more suitable and NAFEMS can then work closely with you to cater for your specific industry sector or analysis type.
The course is open to both members and non-members of NAFEMS.
Remarks by Previous Attendees
“A well put together course which provided good information that will be put into practice.”
This course is short and combines information, examples, case studies and time for open discussion of the concepts presented.
- Brief theoretical background of Explicit Dynamics
- Theoretical overview
- Material modelling
- Modelling boundaries including contact
- Typical results• Simulation considerations
- Examples in typical sectors distributed throughout the course (e.g. manufacturing, impact, explosion)
Situated in idyllic countryside and just a short distance from some of Cheshire’s most picturesque towns,Booths Hall is one of the region’s most sought after venues for meetings and conferences. The Georgian hall is set in 220 acres of parkland which provides a scenic background for a wide range of events.
£280 | $368 | €319
£400 | $525 | €455
Order Ref: uk_explicit_may18
Event Type: Course
Location: Knutsford UK
Date: May 9, 2018
Discounts available for multiple registrations!
Enquire: email@example.com or phone +44 (0)1355 225688
Please note NAFEMS cancellation policy for all UK public training courses is as follows:-
- Suitably qualified delegates may be substituted at any time prior to the start of the course
- Bookings are accepted upon condition that either full payment is received before the course commences, or that a valid purchase order is received from a company that has a credit agreement with us
- In the event of a delegate being unable to attend a course that they have booked upon then, NAFEMS will discuss the possibility of transferring to an alternative course. However, a suitable administration charge will be levied.
- A refund of 50% of the course fees will be paid to delegates who cancel their booking and do not re-schedule to an alternative course, provided that the cancellation is received by NAFEMS at least four weeks in advance of the course. No refunds can be given for cancellations made after this time.
- NAFEMS reserves the right to cancel the course, without liability, in which case all training fees will be refunded in full. However, NAFEMS cannot be held liable for any other expenses incurred by participants or their companies due to the cancellation.
NAFEMS will discuss the possibility of transferring to an alternative event/course, however an administration charge will be applicable.
For full terms and conditions, click here. This policy is subject to change.