Computational Fluid Dynamics for Structural Designers and Analysts
CFD For Structural Designers and Analysts
- Do you need a more accurate approach to include fluid loads or thermal boundary conditions for structural analyses than idealized and simplified approaches?
- Do you know the important fluid dynamics phenomena in multidisciplinary problems?
- What is the role of CFD in strongly coupled fluid-structure interactions?
Get the answers to these questions and more with this industry-leading, code-independent course.
This course will cover a range of topics, all aimed at the structural designer and analyst who needs to get to grips with CFD, including:
- Principles of fluid dynamics
- Important flow phenomena
- Basics of the CFD process
- Turbulence modelling
- Fluid-structure interaction.
What will you learn?
- Important flow concepts
- Basics of CFD
- Turbulence modelling and heat transfer
- Physical and numerical coupling of CFD and structural analyses
What questions will this course answer?
- What are the important fluid dynamic phenomena that may appear in FSI problems?
- What are the basic steps in a CFD process?
- What is physical and numerical coupling in FSI problems?
Who should attend?
- Structural engineers, designers & analysts aiming to incorporate CFD into their everyday practice
- Structural engineers not directly using CFD, who need to work with or support CFD analysts
Structural engineers often need to resort to more sophisticated thermal fluid simulations to obtain boundary conditions, loading, performance, etc. for their designs and analyses. This course aims to introduce important concepts to structural engineers for their multidisciplinary problems.
The course will provide an overview of the essential principles of fluid dynamics, important flow phenomena, basics of CFD process, turbulence modelling, heat transfer, and physical and numerical coupling of CFDs and structural analyses in FSI problems through simple examples and case studies.
The course is completely code independent.
- Need for CFD: loads and boundary conditions
- Definitions and governing principles of fluid dynamics
- Introduction to CFD
- Model simplification
- Grid generation
- Flow Types:
- Steady / transient flows
- Viscous / inviscid flows
- Laminar / turbulent flows
- Multiphase flows
- Important concepts and phenomena
- Heat transfer
- Understanding turbulence
- Turbulence modeling
- Structural and CFD simulation Coupling
- Weak, Strong, very strong coupling
- 1-way, 2-way, fully coupled
Interested in this Course?
Please complete this form if you are interested in scheduling an on-site training session, or if you would like to be notified of the next public course session.
Sorry nothing to list