Advanced Dynamic FEA
- Why does a PSD plot have such strange units?
- Why are dynamic effects important in shock spectra?
- Why does non-linear stiffness dissipate energy?
- How can I begin to break down complex eigenvalue analysis into something meaningful?
Get the answers to these questions and more with this industry-leading, code-independent course.
This course covers a broad range of solution types, beyond the usual natural frequency and dynamic response methods. This allows more physical phenomena to be investigated and simulated using dynamics in FEA.
The major topics are:
- random vibration
- shock and response spectra
- nonlinear dynamic response
- explicit dynamic analysis
- complex eigenvalue analysis
What will you learn?
- Theory behind advanced dynamic analysis techniques
- Practical understanding of advanced applications
- Hints and tips for setting up advanced dynamic analyses
- A roadmap for understanding the results from dynamic analysis
- Limitations of simulation methods
What questions will this course answer?
- What are the most important advanced dynamic analysis topics?
- What theoretical background I need to understand the implications of my analysis?
- What practical hints and tips do I need to be able to carry out analysis effectively?
Who should attend?Designers and engineers who have some familiarity with dynamic analysis.
The course is completely code independent.
Session 1: Shock and Response Spectra
- Importance of Dynamic Effects in Shock
- Shock Spectra Analysis
- Response Spectra Overview
- DDAM overview
- Response Spectra Analysis – creation of a spectra
- Response Spectra Analysis – application of a spectra
- Response Spectra Examples
Session 2: Random Response
- Homework Review
- Probability and Random theory review
- PSD definition
- Random FE Analysis Overview
- Application of Random Analysis results for Fatigue
- Checking with Miles Equation
- Random Response Examples
Session 3: Nonlinear Dynamics
- Homework Review
- Dynamic Nonlinearity
- Nonlinear Strategy
- Example of Geometric Nonlinearity
- •Theoretical Solution
- •Numerical solution
- Background to Material Nonlinearity
- Example of Material Nonlinearity
- Theoretical Solutions
- Numerical solutions
Session 4: Explicit and Complex Analysis
- Overview of Implicit versus Explicit Solutions
- Applicability of Explicit techniques
- Explicit Basic Concepts
- Time step calculations
- Simple Example
- Lagrangian and Eulerian solutions
- Complex Eigenvalue Analysis
- Applications using complex Eigenvalues
PSE Competencies addressed by this training course
|DVco24||Discuss the variables in an Impact Analysis.|
|DVco31||Discuss the term non-proportional damping.|
|DVco44||Explain the terms Implicit Solution and Explicit Solution for the time integration of the equations of motion and the appropriate associated problem classes of dynamic analyses.|
|DVco49||Discuss possible sources of nonlinearity in a dynamic problem.|
|DVco50||Explain the term Power Spectral Density.|
|DVco54||Discuss various approaches to Seismic Analysis and highlight relevant philosophy and analysis considerations.|
|DVco56||Explain the term response spectra.|
|DVap9||Employ an analysis system for the determination of response in a range of linear and nonlinear systems, to random vibration.|
|DVap10||Employ an analysis system for the simulation of impact.|
|DVap7||Employ an analysis system for the determination of transient response in a range of linear and nonlinear systems.|
|DVap8||Employ an analysis system for the determination of seismic response in a range of linear and nonlinear systems.|