An Introduction To Hierarchical Displacement Elements And The Adaptive Technique
Due to the evolving nature of the engineering analysis and simulation market this publication no longer represents current best practice and has been archived. The document may be of historical interest and is therefore still available for purchase.
The 'Adaptive Technique' is the capability for re-analysis with a minimum of additional data preparation and user interaction and is based on a special finite element formulation which is referred to as the 'Hierarchical Formulation'.
This paper gives an introductory insight into the capability and concentrates on displacement based element.
1. Conventional Displacement Axial Elements
2. Hierarchical Displacement Axial Elements
3. Hierarchical Displacement Quadrilateral Membrane
4. Hierarchical Displacement Hexahedron Solids
5. The p-Version of the Finite Element Method
6. Example using a hierarchical Displacement Axial
7. Acknowledgement and Comments
£20 | $27 | €23
£100 | $134 | €114
Order Ref: P13
First Published - August 1986
Softback, 114 Pages