Symposium on Quality Practices in FEM - CFD Procedures
October 5th & 6th 2007
Recent years have witnessed exponential growth in the application of Finite Element Methods (FEM) and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) by various user groups. These activities often encounter situations where novice engineers with insufficient knowledge of physical structures routinely develop 3D models and deliver 'non-reliable' solutions.
Subsequently, the Finite Element Method has become a black box, with no provision to diagnose abuse of the technique.
NAFEMS actively addresses these issues by initiating events in the following domains:
- Quality Procedures for Engineering Analysis and Simulation
- Management of FEM & CFD Procedures
- Guidelines to Best Practice
- Norms for certifying proficiency of CAE users
This symposium is organised jointly between NAFEMS & EDAF with three primary objectives
- Enhance safety and accuracy of FEM & CFD practices by providing suitable benchmarking standards
- Disseminate information on best practices and thereby mitigate the errors associated with poor approximation
- Network national and international experts from the industry, academia, research laboratories and CAE software developers to facilitate collaboration among them with ensuing positive impact on productivity and quality of engineering design process.
To date, several conferences and seminars were conducted in our country with a focus on one or more domains of analysis such as heat transfer, dynamics, optimisation, multiphysics etc. In many of these occasions, the interactions are limited to the user groups of a specific software tool. For the first time in our country, this symposium is attempting to address the analysis/simulation practices independent of the software platform and domain specificity.
Proceedings of the INDO-NAFEMS Symposium will focus on quality FEM & CFD practices in following domains;
- Heat Transfer
- Fracture Mechanics and Failure Prediction
- Multibody System Dynamics (MSD)
- Integrated Testing and Simulation
- Computational Electromagnetics
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Virtual Reality
- Manufacturing Process Simulation
- Analysis of Micro and Smart Systems
- Education and Training
Each session will have two keynote presentations. One from a senior industry expert and the other from a CAE software company operating in that field in India.
Who Should Attend?
- CAE / CFD / CAD professionals from domains
- of defence, aerospace, heavy engineering,
- biotechnology, manufacturing and engineering
- Developers of CAE / CFD software
- Service and consultancy agencies involved in
- modeling / meshing / analysis / simulation projects
- Faculty / Students of Mechanical / Civil / Industrial /
- Automotive / Aeronautical / Production /
- Project Managers from CAE industry
J. N. Tata Auditorium,
Indian institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore.
Industry - Rs. 3000/-
Academicians - Rs. 2000/-
NAFEMS / EDAF Members - FREE